The International Studies Association will recognize Richard Mansbach, professor of political science, at a Distinguished Scholar Panel honoring his lifetime of research in international relations and the work of his frequent collaborator Yale H. Ferguson (Rutgers University).
Yale H. Ferguson & Richard W. Mansbach have, both individually and as a pair for more than 40 years, been crucial to the development of the field of Historical International Relations. Their theoretical and historical explorations have been widely cited, and through their ceaseless enthusiasm and engagement they have helped nurture future generations of scholars. The panel honors them for both their professional and their personal importance.
In addition to Mansbach and Ferguson, panel participants include:
- Halvard Leira (Norwegian Institute of International Affairs)—panel chair
- Kirsten Taylor (Berry College)
- Jennifer Sterling-Folker (University of Connecticut)
- Friedrich Kratochwil (European University Institute)
- Daniel Nexon (Georgetown University)
- Jens Bartelson (Lund University)
- Xavier Guillaume (Rijksuniversiteit Groningen)
- Patrick Thaddeus Jackson (American University).
The panel will be conducted Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 4-5:45 p.m., at the annual meeting of the International Studies Association, in Baltimore, Maryland.
For further information, please contact Richard Mansbach (email@example.com; 543 Ross Hall, 527 Farm House Lane, Ames, IA 50011-1054; 515-294-8726).