Application deadline: MARCH 1, 2024
Apply for scholarships at OneApp. You must submit the General and College portion of the OneApp to be considered for university, college, and department scholarships. You can then apply for other recommended opportunities in the OneApp.
Departmentally administered scholarships include the following:
The Ross Talbot Outstanding Graduating Senior Scholarship Award
Awarded to honor the academic and personal achievement of a graduating political science major. Students eligible to be considered for this award must have achieved over four years an overall minimum 3.5 GPA in all academic courses at Iowa State University.
Whitaker-Lindgren Scholars in Political Science (3 recipients)
Awarded to a junior or senior political science major with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8. Recipients shall have demonstrated financial need as determined by the Office of Student Financial Aid.
Kent and Kristen Lucken Political Science Scholarship
Awarded to a student of undergraduate class standing as a sophomore, junior or senior with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. The recipient shall demonstrate an interest in the fields of international relations, national security or diplomacy. First preference shall be given to applicants who demonstrate financial need. Second preference shall be given to applicants from rural communities as defined by populations of less than 10,000.
Manatt-Phelps Scholarship in Political Science
Awarded to a junior or senior political science major with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and professional interests in public service, law, or foreign policy. Recipients are expected to assist with the next Manatt-Phelps Lecture in Political Science.
Young W. Kihl Scholarship
Awarded to a junior or senior political science major with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 who has demonstrated excellence in the field of international politics.
Serge Garrison Scholarship and 3rd House Memorial Scholarship
Awarded to a student who will be a junior or senior political science major.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- The recipient shall demonstrate leadership ability and excellence in campus and extra-curricular activities as evidenced by such things as: active participation/leadership role in a recognized student organization, active participation/leadership role in a professional organization, honors and awards received and/or active participation/leadership role in community service as determined by the awarding authority.
- First preference shall go to applicants from North Dakota or Iowa.
- Second preference shall go to applicants who demonstrate pre-law interests, as determined by the awarding authority.
- As a provision of receiving the scholarship, the 3rd House requests that the scholarship recipient attend the annual reception sponsored by the 3rd House.
Sonja Carlsen Egenes Scholarship
Awarded to a student majoring in Political Science. This scholarship shall be made available to students regardless of class standing.